When it comes to retirement planning, there are many products and strategies. The beauty of options is there is no one-size fits all. What matters is getting safely through retirement, having your assets last as long as you do and having retirement risks reduced. And one method to reduce those risks is a reverse mortgage.
Dave Hall hosts Harlan Accola, National Reverse Mortgage Director for FAIRWAY Independent Mortgage Corporation, to discuss how much of a staple a reverse mortgage can be when retirement planning.
This week dive deeper into reverse mortgages by learning:
- benefits of a reverse mortgage
- why some retirees benefit even if they don’t think they need it
- exactly how they impact retirement funds
- their impact to lengthen retirement portfolios if done early enough
- the stigma around reverse mortgages and what has changed to make them retirement staples